A proud G'ma. Zephyr 2 hours old.
This time I actually hand carried (as in carry-on luggage) my BabyLock sewing machine with me thinking that I would have lots of time to actually sit and sew during the periods of waiting. Somehow things didn't come about as I expected. Very little sewing as we were always doing something, or so it seemed. I took two UFO projects with me that I thought that would have been easy to sew here and there. NOT! How could I ever think that a modified pattern would be easier? These blocks were the start of a quilt for DGS#2 a couple of years ago that I discovered that I didn't have enough fabric to do a true Cathedral Windows patterns. So I cut out the fold over area and added the four sides to each block after turning over and basting the edge. Takes quite a bit more time and fiddling than I originally had figured. Thus this one will take a bit of extra time to get to even a flimsies stage, no less to the quilting stage.Yikes!!!! From this photo I actually changed the 2 shades of the circles and put the very dark one on the light block and the lighter one on the darker block. Looks much better.
Before leaving for Panama I was able to finish up a UFO to get me back down to the basement of the list; an at least 3 years old start, a steering wheel table topper, a Halloween pumpkin, wannabe Eleanor Burns.
And that is the sum total of January. Not an auspicious start to a new year in the quilting stage. LOL