Tuesday, February 20, 2018

January brings ...

January brings a new year and a new addition to the family. Our grandson Zephyr Socorro was born on January 19 in Panama City, Panamá. Yes that means we started the year of with a bang in travel.


 











A proud G'ma. Zephyr 2 hours old.








This time I actually hand carried (as in  carry-on luggage) my BabyLock sewing machine with me thinking that I would have lots of time to actually sit and sew during the periods of waiting. Somehow things didn't come about as I expected. Very little sewing as we were always doing something, or so it seemed. I took two UFO projects with me that I thought that would have been easy to sew here and there. NOT! How could I ever think that a modified pattern would be easier?  These blocks were the start of a quilt for DGS#2 a couple of years ago that I discovered that I didn't have enough fabric to do a true Cathedral Windows patterns. So I cut out the fold over area and added the four sides to each block after turning over and basting the edge. Takes quite a bit more time and fiddling than I originally had figured. Thus this one will take a bit of extra time to get to even a flimsies stage, no less to the quilting stage.Yikes!!!! From this photo I actually changed the 2 shades of the circles and put the very dark one on the light block and the lighter one on the darker block. Looks much better.

Before leaving for Panama I was able to finish up a UFO to get me back down to the basement of the list; an at least 3 years old start,  a steering wheel table topper, a Halloween pumpkin, wannabe Eleanor Burns.
 Mr Grumpy Wonkers
I actually need to make more holiday ones this size - how fun to match the steering wheel top and the dash cover in similar fabrics and style. hmmmmm

And that is the sum total of January. Not an auspicious start to a new year in the quilting stage. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment