Saturday, September 7, 2013

Virtual Retreat ...

A virtual retreat for quilters? And just what this might be? This weekend I joined the Stashbusters Virtual Retreat and found out. You set aside some time on a specified weekend and quilt. Because so many members are unable to get away to regular retreats, they started a virtual one. You do your own thing, blog about it, and then send a message to the group letting them know what was and is being done. Simple ...

I decided that I was going to try and accomplish two things:
1. get the middle block done for the Medallion Sew-Along,
2. try and at least finish the flimsy of a UFO that I found that dates way back to before 2005.

The Sew-Along is being blogged on it's own page  at:  http://2busyhands.blogspot.com/p/medallion-quilt-sew-a.html
It will be a donation quilt to the military group. Here I will use the cross-stitch square that I did some time ago in the center of the quilt and then, who knows - that is the mystery.

As with any stay-at-home project life tends to get in the way and so it has happened here as well. Danny was a quilting widower today as he went hiking by himself. I had some dehydrating to set up - check; housework - check; laundry - check; and class work - check; oh and sew in between all of these things. I decided to do a sew-work-sew-class-sew-work-sew-class and so on until all the chores were completed and then it would be just sew.

So here it is, now 7pm, and what have I accomplished? Got all the chores done and rice cooking for dinner; The middle part of the Medallion block done;
 On to Round 2 ...
All the flying geese done for the UFO, put into strips, and the sandwich being basted.
 "Roundtrip, Homeward Bound"
Why do I have 2 strips too many or 2 strips too few????? Just re-read the instructions and I did it right! I guess to make it work out evenly you end up with extra and that is why there is instructions for a pillow case as well with the exact number of left-over geese. Not for me - will put them into a baby quilt. I have a small piece of brilliant pink fleece that I can piece together with the left overs from "Roundtrip, Homeward Bound".

And now it is time to put things away as we are traveling again in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment