Friday, November 16, 2012

I can't believe I ...








The colors, the sounds, the smells all assault me as we tour around one area in Central Mexico - the Silver Cities or Colonial cities if you will. Here we experienced El Día de los Muertos or the Day of the Dead.



Today I stepped into a fabric shop for the first time on this trip. The two things that I find most intriguing? 
1. no cotton fabrics
2. wonderful cashmere and woolens from Britain.
Too bad, my suitcase is way too small to haul woolens home so I sadly walked out empty handed.

But then when I got online to check my emails, there was one about a 12 week class for needlework Santas and it doesn't start until January. Way to go Shirley, I joined and paid as soon as the invoice came in. Now to discover a Santa canvas that I want to do - hmmmm maybe the Santa ornaments that I have on the go would work. I have almost completed the Canadian Santas (hmmmm I probably need to update that as well) and I have the American Santas and Mrs. Santa to go. Yes, I think that will work! Will update as I go along.

As for Miss Cleo - well I will be taking her with me on a very long car trip once we return to the US. We are heading to Canada to visit with my parents, a drive of about 4 days one way. My father continues to have good days and bad days but he consistently asks when are we coming to visit. So we go.

Quilting? well naturally that will fall by the wayside. I will deliver the ones that I finished for my mother however. Whoopie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment