Monday, March 28, 2016

The Queen's List

Yikes, I discovered via an email from a friend that I am now #16 (probably even less today) on the Stashbuster's Queen' List - not quite within the ladies-in-waiting range, but definitely close enough. Thus I needed to pull out an unfinished Row by Row from the pile; one that is definitely close to finishing. They all need the quilting part which is time consuming.

My one finish that I have had is DS#1's quilt top and it is just a flimsie, ready to make the trip to the longarmer.
 I am very pleased with this top and truly. Put my heart into the making of it. If DS#1 doesn't really like it, then DH is truly hoping that he can have it. How many quilts can he really use? Guess we can rotate them. LOL

Out came the first of the RxR rows that are unfinished. Psych' ready to go to work, being that it is Easter Sunday and all.

Oh, HAPPY EASTER everyone

This is one that is for us, no questions about that. It is a cute one and will be flourescent once finished quilting and bound. I grapple through all the spools of thread, know down deep that I really don't have the right colour of thread - purple is not a favorite of mine. I tried one that was variegated but alas, not dark enough. So I will have to put it aside til Monday when I can find a store to get some while we are on the road.

So, I pick up the socks. They are to the point of sewing the end together and the floating free lengths of yarn into the knitting. Ta dah! Finished Happy Easter my love.
what surprise, he was thinking that they were for me.

Now, what else can I do?  So how about the trial for the new wool that I recently acquired?
. Yes I can make another toque. That will be a good test for the sizing and feel: A sleepless night and it is finished,sans the pom-pom.  I also trailed another yarn that I had.Unfortunately it was of a lesser weight and the size of needles was too big for it. So smaller ones will suffice for the project for this yarn. We are on the move again today, leaving me with nothing left to do in the passenger's seat.

I still have a needlework project in the final throes of completion so that is a possibility as is another pair of socks to finish the last skein of rainbow yarn. Or maybe a pair of fingerless gloves? Hmmmm that is an idea.

Whatever is started, it will be put aside in favor of completing the row for an UFO finish in the next couple of days.

Photos to go up when I get my computer back ... It is visiting the repair shop for a seized spacer key.

No comments:

Post a Comment