Wednesday, March 2, 2016

What does one do when ...

When one's home is in the shop and one is staying in a hotel with limited space, what does one do?

Knit for starters: Finished up the second mitten and started the scarf.
I had a bit of trouble with the mittens as I really didn't have a pattern and I was relying on memory and the combining of patterns. Not a good idea. Then I was not using a row counter and was relying on my visualized counting. Again, not the best idea I have ever had. Still, they are now finished and I have a much better pattern from my mother. These little gems took far less yarn than I had anticipated so if the same is for the scarf, I am going to have yarn left over - not something that I wanted.

You drive an hour to go to a quilt store only to buy 1 piece of 1 yard fabric because you could not find anything further that you either needed or liked.    This will be a better mix for the NYB that needs to be cut out.
 
Then you eat ice cream on the way back to town.

You make a trip to the RV to get a bag with another project that is in need of cutting of pieces. After gathering up all the necessary items to do this and returning to the hotel, you sit back and say, "You know, I am really tired and I am thinking that I will go to bed early tonight." Then you proceed to order pizza and pull out the computer and decide to write in your blog, after ordering more fabric online because you found something that you simply couldn't live without!

And what did you do with your day today?


No comments:

Post a Comment